Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Except from the cover page all documents are anonymized. Please note that this also includes removing personal information from the file properties.
- The author is informed about the Editorial Policies and Publication Ethics of the HTCE Journal and agrees with.
- The submission has not been priviously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- Only submissions in English are accepted.
The research papers must be between 5000 and 10,000 words long (for main paper including references and literature) and are subject to a double blind peer review.
The miniatures must be between 1000 and 5000 words long (for main paper including references and literature) and are suitable to initiate discussions about history education in a broader sense. They can include suggestions and ideas for educational innovations, new theoretical concepts, cross-cultural research, interdisciplinary approaches etc. The miniatures are reviewed by the editors.
The authors agree to the following licence and copyright agreement:
- Authors retain copyright in their work.
- Authors grant the journal of Historical Thinking, Culture, and Education the right of first publication online in the internet on the publication platform eterna of the University Library Basel.
- The electronic contributions in the internet are distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International Licence (CC BY-SA 4.0). This licence requires that reusers give credit to the creator. It allows reusers to distribute, remix, adapt, and build upon the material in any medium or format, even for commercial purposes. If others remix, adapt, or build upon the material, they must licence the modified material under identical terms. All papers are available worldwide without restrictions and without any cost. The full text of the licence can be obtained under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of their work, as long as the conditions of the CC BY-SA 4.0 License are fulfilled and initial publication in journal of Historical Thinking, Culture, and Education is acknowledged.
- Authors grant the Editors commercial rights, using a publishing house, to produce hardcopy volumes of the journal for sale to libraries and individuals, as well as to integrate the manuscript, its title, and its abstract in databases, abstracting and indexing services, and other similar information services.
- This agreement is subject to possible legal disclosure obligations.
- This agreement is governed by Swiss law. Court of jurisdiction is Aarau.
You consent to the collection, processing and use of data by using this website. This website can generally be visited without registration. In the process, data such as pages called up or the name of the file called up, date and time are stored on the server for statistical purposes without this data being directly related to your person. Personal data, in particular name, address or e-mail address, are collected on a voluntary basis as far as possible. The data will not be shared on to third parties without your consent.
If you submit a paper or if you e-mail us, your details, including the contact details you provide, will be stored by us for the purpose of processing your submission or your e-mail and in the event of follow-up questions. We do not share this data with third parties without your consent.